No news on the adoption front. Still waiting. These days I am a little weary & tired. With referrals currently on hold, and seemingly no end in sight, coupled with my recent 35th birthday and Christmas looming, it hasn't been easy to stay positive. Lately I've been thinking if I should be actively pursuing other countries, you know, just in case? So I spoke to my adoption agency social worker on Friday about my options. The good news is that I do have options but there is a lot to consider (pros & cons) and no clear cut answer.
*Update* To clarify the current situation: Kyrgyzstan officials are not yet saying when they will begin processing adoption paperwork, we've been told they have been addressing intl adoption issues internally since this summer. We are waiting until the Kyrgyzstan government has addressed the issues they chose to address, and waiting until they are ready to tell us what they want to tell us. This is all not new information, although when Kyrgyzstan stopped processing adoptions this past summer everyone thought it was just for a few weeks or a couple months. It is hard to wait. Yet there are families that were in Kyrgyzstan on trip one in spring, met their children, and are just waiting for paperwork to be signed so that they can go and pick up the child. Please send your prayers for those families.


No comments:
Post a Comment