
I was referred to this acupuncturist that specializes in fertility from my RE's office and so I thought what the heck, what do I have to lose? Well...except money - LOL! Anyway, acupuncture is used to get the energy or "chi" flowing properly through your body. Essentially, the body needs to be completely connected and flowing properly for everything to work in unison. To begin, I walked into a softly lit room, this beautiful zen music was playing, she sat me down at first and looked at my tongue and for 10 minutes proceeded to ask me a whole litany of questions to assess me physically and emotionally. Now comes the needle part. I laid on my back on basically a massage table with pillows. She covered my eyes (phew! I don't wanna watch this). She started with assessing my stomach area. The needles are very thin and only two of them were painful as they were placed. I'm guessing she placed about 12-15 overall including my head, ears, torso, hands, legs, & feet. After all the needles were placed she left the room and had me just lay there motionless for 30 minutes. I was really tired, so I promptly fell asleep! When I awoke she removed the needles and then proceeded to do pressure point massage to my head for about 5 minutes, so that was nice. I have to say that acupuncture is very relaxing. I felt at peace while laying there. I'm willing to see where this goes so I made another appointment for next week.


No comments:
Post a Comment