Monday, September 7, 2009

Woohoo! BFP!!!



Today is September 22nd, but as you can see from the post date I created this posting a few weeks ago, but I wanted to wait until the right time to publish the news that I'M PREGNANT!!!

I'll share with you how I found out...(WARNING: TMI) Seven days before I got the good news, I was sure that AF was on its way as I started spotting, in fact, one day was more like a light day. I visited my acupuncturist that first day I started spotting, which was coincidentally the expected day 1 of AF. I tell the acupuncturist that I'm spotting, and I'm cramping and I'm pretty sure that AF is on its way. At this point it was too early to take a HPT. Acupuncturist took my pulse as usual, but she did it like 10 times and finally says to me: "something is going on in your body, your pulse isn't like when you get AF, so keep positive, you never know." I said okay, and I left a little more optimistic, but then over the next couple days I continued spotting, and four days before the beta I took a HPT and it came out n-e-g-a-t-i-v-e. :( I spotted off and on for 6 days straight, but AF never officially arrived, but I just chalked it up to the fact that I'm on progesterone supps.

So...I finally go for the beta the morning of 9/4/09, and the nurse called me with the results at 1:15 that afternoon and said "Congratulations - you're pregnant!!" I was genuinely shocked. I was sitting at my desk at work, so I quickly ran into an empty office so I could speak in private. Tears welled up and I had trouble getting any words out, all I remember is saying "OMG" over & over. LOL! Not truly believing what I had heard, I rushed home & bought two different pregnancy tests (see blurry pic above), and proceeded to have one of the best Labor Day weekends of my entire life!

In what has been the worst year of my life, now shines a glimmering light of hope. My Mom is an angel in heaven watching over me and this baby. I'm so thrilled, there are no words to truly describe what I'm feeling.

Here's the stats:
At 14dpo (9/4) HCG 315
At 18dpo (9/8) HCG 1586
At 20dpo (9/10) the beta was 3600
My EDD is 5/14/2010

1 comment:

Beth said...

OMG OMG OMG I am soooo happy for you!! Not TMI. I enjoyed every word.