Thursday, April 15, 2010

Grieving & Loss

A year ago today my Mom died. The past year I feel like I've been in a haze, not knowing how to go forward after the destiny I had was forever altered. I'm not familiar with that kind of shock that lasts this amount of time. You feel it and then you don't feel it; you know what's happened and then you don't really know what happened. I have not come to terms with my losses. I am still trying to figure out how to move on. It's hard to imagine that it's not going to go back to how it was.

Dad is hanging in there. His live-in caregivers are awesome, I can't properly express what a relief that is. Mentally he's doing much better then anyone of us expected; his long-term memory is intact, his judgment skills and short term memory are impaired, but not too bad all things considered, and he's learning ways to workaround them, it's pretty remarkable. Physically he's doing really well and is taking daily walks. My brother & sis-in-law are flying in tonight for a long weekend and I'm taking tomorrow thru Tuesday as vacation.

No comments: