Well, now I’ve gone and done it! I gave my two weeks notice to my manager. I’ve been with my current employer for 4
years, but it was an easy decision to make. Now that I have taken concrete action, I feel free to share more.
On the morning of July 12, 2010 I woke up after a few restless hours of
sleep, looked straight in the mirror and made the decision to resign a
job that I couldn't stand. What it all boils down to is that I was just not motivated anymore and the only reason I went to work was
for the paycheck. I hated going into work in the morning and that’s not
sustainable. My motivation was gone and I was dragging.
I feel like a big weight has been lifted off my shoulders and I
am quite euphoric since I handed in my resignation letter. I have a
spring in my step again and I’m getting my confidence back. I am taking the time to look out
for me and my own well being. I deserve to be happy. Instead of doing what most rational people do
in this predicament – find another job and then quit – I went to work
and calmly gave my two weeks notice. Instead of jumping
into the next job, I'm going to give myself time to assess what to do
next...thank you Mom & Dad for making this possible. Thanks everyone for the support!


1 comment:
Good for you. I hope only great things for you.
Post a Comment