The results...9 eggs were retrieved, 7 eggs fertilized, but only 5 matured. They'll call me tomorrow with another status. The numbers are still abnormally low. Anyways, I decided to take a gamble and right before the egg retrieval, I asked Dr. F if I was clear to do a transfer, and she gave the o.k! If I decide to do a fresh transfer it would be either on Saturday or Monday, depending on the results. Or I can still freeze them, but fresh transfers are better then frozen ones, so I'm leaning towards doing a fresh transfer and just see how it goes. If I don't get pregnant then I can consider pursuing surrogacy or not.
Like the first retrieval, my grandma drove me to and from. I love how my 85 year old grandmother is the one accompanying me to a fertility center! I told her I bet she never dreamt she'd be taking her unwed granddaughter to a fertility center! Um, no. Seriously, she's such a trooper. While she may not agree with my choices, she's always been there for me and has supported my decisions, and it is so awesome to be sharing this experience with her. I just love her dearly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment