Bad news first. When I visited the OB yesterday she was concerned about my cervix shortening/funneling so I went for an ultrasound and unfortunately my cervix has funneled from a previous 1.8 to 1.4. If you don't know about this kind of stuff this is a very low number. The cerclage is holding but it's likely that I'll only continue to funnel more as the baby gets bigger and the weight of her puts more pressure on my cervix. I spoke to the OB and while she did not put me on strict bedrest, it's imminent and I was told to prepare for it. Although I was hoping to avoid bedrest this turn of events is not a surprise, I was told from the beginning of the pregnancy that bedrest was likely for someone with my history. I go back to the doctor next week, but for now I'm to further restrict my physical activities, no lifting over 10 lbs, no driving except to doctor, and I can be up 15 minutes every hour, etc.
Now the good news...the baby looks great and she's measuring perfectly on schedule, here are a few pics from yesterday:

Her tiny feet are SO cute!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment