Tuesday, July 12, 2011

34 Weeks

Bedrest: 54 days and counting! I know bed rest is best for baby so I take it very seriously, but I just wanna get out of the house!

How Big is the Baby: Average size: 17.2-18.7 inches, 4.2 - 5.8 lb. Baby’s senses are continuing to improve -- when light peeks in through the stretched belly, those tiny eyelids and irises blink and dilate. And, baby can now recognize and react to simple songs! Growth inside the womb is starting to slow, and her central nervous system is maturing and her lungs are continuing to mature as well. Babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the nicu and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run they usually do as well as full-term babies.

No comments: