Friday, July 29, 2011

She's Home!

Last night I got a call from the NICU at 7:30pm and they wanted to know if I wanted to room-in with her at the hospital thursday night and go home Friday, or we can just stick to the plan of going home Saturday -- my choice. I didn't think twice, I said let's do it tonight!! I quickly packed my bag and drove back to the hospital around 11pm.

I gathered her stuff together and the nurse turned off her hospital monitor and then I hooked the baby up to the home monitor. The nurse then showed us to our room for the night. She said a NICU nurse would come in and check every couple of hours but if I was sleeping they would not wake me. I was now left alone with my baby, and it was awesome!
{My favorite night nurse}

The night flew by and soon it was time to go home. I had brought several newborn outfits but she was swimming in all of them.



I'm beyond thrilled to have her home where I can hold her and have her all to myself, but it's kinda scary to walk away from the security of the hospital NICU. By the way...her discharge weight was 5lbs 14oz!




{My sister in law & brother}


No comments: