Monday, September 26, 2011

Nursery Reveal

I finally finished the nursery! I had so much fun working on it. It's been a long time from start to finish but I'm happy with how it turned out.

The bedroom door...

View from the doorway...

Needlepoint my Mom made many years ago.


The crib was more than I wanted to spend but it was an investment, it's a lifetime crib which means it can be turned into a toddler bed and later into a regular bed. I took a chance and ordered a bedding set I found online and it was even better than I could've imagined. The bedding established the color scheme in the room. Because I live in earthquake country, there's not much I can safely put above the crib, so since the baby doesn't need the comforter, I hung it using a quilt rack that I bought & painted pink. My brother screwed the quilt rack into the wall so that is not going anywhere.


I inherited the dresser/changing table, it fits perfectly in the space and it can grow with her.

Above I added frames with pictures. I especially love the one of my parents, it's not the best picture of them but it's from a visit to Alaska so I thought it was perfect.


I love this corner of the room. I had trouble deciding whether to buy a new chair or use the rocking chair that my parents used to rock me. I decided to go the sentimental route and I added an ottoman that doubles as storage.

Close up of the metal shelf on the wall.

The awesome closet organizer.

Love this!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I love it .. its gorgeous..the picture of your parents is great.. they are smiling and happy that will be all she sees.