I think the worst has past but I can't go to the funeral tomorrow because we're contagious. As much as I wanted to offer my condolences it is probably for the best that I can't go as the loss of my parents is still very raw and a funeral for someone their age will be incredibly sad and difficult. My heart goes out to them.
Thursday, June 21, 2012
Really?!
It has not been a good week. My cousin lost his 58 year-old wife last week to a blood clot following knee surgery. She also leaves behind two daughters and several grandchildren. It's just so unfair.
Oh, and what else? For the past couple days I've been homebound with a very sick little girl. She has a nasty case of Hand, Foot, & Mouth (HFM) disease which is a common childhood illness caused by the coxsackie virus. It normally starts with a fever and sore throat and then two days later you develop a rash and blisters in and around the mouth, on the soles of the feet, and the palms of the hands. It isn't dangerous, it's just really gross. It's been miserable for her, and to be honest it's been miserable for me too. After two days of bottles only, she finally ate some solid food today, not a lot, but I'm hoping she's on the upswing as the sores are starting to scab over. Poor thing. I just hope she starts sleeping thru the night soon. I am sooo tired, but I can deal with being tired, I just hope I don't get it too! I have washed all sheets, towels, clothes, etc. in hot water, and I've lysol'd every surface. All in all it isn’t too bad and she looks sick much longer because once the blisters scab over they take time to go away.
I think the worst has past but I can't go to the funeral tomorrow because we're contagious. As much as I wanted to offer my condolences it is probably for the best that I can't go as the loss of my parents is still very raw and a funeral for someone their age will be incredibly sad and difficult. My heart goes out to them.
I think the worst has past but I can't go to the funeral tomorrow because we're contagious. As much as I wanted to offer my condolences it is probably for the best that I can't go as the loss of my parents is still very raw and a funeral for someone their age will be incredibly sad and difficult. My heart goes out to them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment