I couldn't believe it was finally time for her arrival. Checking from my phone I could see that her flight had arrived early, so I headed over to the airport after leaving my daughter at home with a babysitter. The plan was to pick her up at a specific door outside of baggage claim. I circled the airport for nearly an hour when I finally determined she must have misunderstood me and was inside waiting. I parked and went in, but could not find her. I tried not to panic. I decided to look outside for her, and there she was, right where we had agreed to meet! But when she turned around, the poor thing was crying! She felt bad that she was late and didn't tell me. She said that she (and 3 other au pair's on the same flight) had missed their flight due to a last minute gate change. She said they rushed to get on the next available flight and she did not have a working cell phone so she had no way to call me to let me know. I gave her a big hug and said no worries you are fine and I'm here now and she immediately calmed down. I quickly got us out of the airport and headed home.
She seems delighted with her room, our home, and most especially my daughter. We have a long weekend to get to know each other before she will "officially" start. On Friday she unpacked, then I showed her around town, the grocery store, and I got her a cell phone. Today we walked around our neighborhood, and tonight we'll go over to grandma's for sunday dinner.
I'll be honest, I am super anxious about having someone help out and living in my home. But, so far so good. My daughter likes her very much. She is very doting, helpful, and sweet.
The girls getting to know each other
Playing with water in the backyard
We stopped at a garage sale -- look what I got for only $10!!



No comments:
Post a Comment