Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Weekend

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my aunt's house. It was a wonderful evening of good food and time with my Mom's side of my family. My Mom's birthday was on Thanksgiving, she would've been 64 and it was her favorite holiday, so it was tough for me. My family just ignored it completely which I understand is a way of coping but it's weird and frankly a little hurtful for no one to say anything.
 Our au pair enjoyed her first Thanksgiving
 She loved playing with her older cousin ;)
 Sitting like a big girl at the kids table
 Big hugs
 Playing with her cousins
 Yes, I went out on Thanksgiving to shop but I swear
I didn't buy anything. 
I just wanted to hang out with my BFF who was shopping for just one gift, and she got it!
In other news, I turned 39 over the weekend! I don’t feel a day over 38. Ha ha. It was a great birthday and I have so much to be thankful for. The birthday celebrations were low-key, just the way I like ‘em. I enjoyed a facial and massage, and a fun evening at the casino with my BFF.  Now I gotta start thinking about what to do for next year for my 40th birthday!! I'm toying with the idea of going away. And with kids involved, what I really want is to rent a house vs staying in a hotel. And then the problem of figuring out where to go. Any ideas?

No comments: