Sunday, March 13, 2011

16 Weeks

Milestones: It's not a pregnancy milestone, but my life is definitely changing this week. I'm leaving the midwest where I was born and raised and moving to Alaska in just four days! I can't believe I'm actually moving but it has become overwhelmingly real in the last two weeks with all the goodbye lunches and dinners I've had. Leaving my hometown is not easy but it is made easier knowing I have so much love and support! It was a year ago this week that my Dad was diagnosed with brain cancer and we were told he didn't have long to live. My brother and I talked about me moving to Alaska to make a fresh start and to be closer to him and his wife. It's hard to believe the time to move is finally here.

How Big is the Baby: About the size of an avocado.

Gender: Don't know yet but I can't wait!!

Baby Names: I nicknamed the baby "the bairn". My Mom called us her bairns which is Old English for child so it seems fitting.

Symptoms: I'm still nauseous but it has definitely started to improve this week. I'm anemic, my iron levels are at a level that only iron infusions can help but I have to wait until I move and speak with my new OB.

Maternity Clothes: I broke down and bought maternity jeans, I wanted to wait but I was sick of wearing sweat pants. My friend also gave me a box of her maternity clothes.

Sleep: I'm able to stay up later and I usually wake up once to pee.

Total Weight Gain: I haven't been to the doctor this week so I'm not sure.

Movement: I feel fluttering here and there.

Food Cravings: Nothing.

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Much luck with your move and this new start :)