Tuesday, June 7, 2011

29 Weeks

Today I started my first of twelve IV iron infusions. Due to previous stomach surgery, my body is unable to absorb iron properly so when my levels get too low, iron pills do not work only IV iron infusions will do. I got to the hospital at 7am to fill out paperwork, etc. and then headed to IV Infusion department. They got my IV in after two attempts, my veins are not very cooperative. I'm scheduled to get three iron infusions a week for a month, so I'm going to be a pin cushion after all this is over.

Milestones: Seven months!

Bedrest: Day 19 of bedrest, and 21 days until I reach 32 weeks! I now have an ultrasound scheduled every week to check my cervix... *Update* I heard from my OB, I'm still funneling internally, now at 1.1 (previously 1.4). The stitch is still holding and I've had no perceptible bleeding so who knows? My OB still thinks I can get to 32 weeks but of course that is a scary thought, I don't want my baby born that early. I've been trying so hard to keep a positive attitude about all of this but I'm afraid it is all finally getting to me.

How Big is the Baby: Weeks 29-32 about the size of a Squash. Average size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs.

Movement: She's very active and I love it, I just wish she would stay away from my cervix!

Total Weight Gain: No weigh-in this week.

Sleep: I'm sleeping fine at night as long as I don't fall asleep during the day, which is not easy to do when all I do is lie around all day!

Nursery Progress: I want to work on it so bad but keeping her cooking is way more important then decorating! I have all the basics except for a car seat so, everything else will have to wait.

Symptoms: My seriously incompetent cervix, iron deficiency anemia, varicose veins, hypothyroidism.

Name: I'm not going to settle on a name until I meet her.

No comments: