Tuesday, June 14, 2011

30 Weeks

Such a wonderful feeling to reach the BIG 3-0!!!

Day 26 of bedrest. Of course bedrest is boring but the worst part is I have a lot of time to worry and the fear and anxiety is really getting to me. In addition to all the normal mommy fears, my biggest fear is the baby coming too early, having complications, and spending a long time in the nicu. All along I've been mentally preparing for a planned csection, as it's the safest option for someone who has had a myomectomy (fibroid surgery), however, since I have an incompetent cervix I may not have a choice. If the stitch of the cerclage fails then the baby will no doubt come really fast, and this is a real possibility since I am nearly funneled to the stitch. So, I have to mentally prepare for whatever. I have an ultrasound scheduled every wednesday to check my cervix...here are the results.

How Big is the Baby: Weeks 29-32 about the size of a squash. Average size: 15.2-16.7 inches, 2.5-3.8 lbs.

Movement: The bright spot of my day is anytime I feel her kicking, punching and moving around.

Total Weight Gain: I'm down another 2lbs in two weeks. The doctor wasn't worried, she said women on bedrest either gain a lot or lose weight. I'm sure I would gain weight if I had driving privileges and could indulge my pregnancy cravings! lol

Nursery Progress: Still no further progress. Keeping her cooking is way more important then decorating!

Name: I'm not sharing it until she gets here :)

I've had three iron infusions so far, this is a picture from saturday's session - OUCH! I'm not really sure why it bruised like this, it didn't necessarily hurt during the infusion but it didn't feel "right" either. I'm going to ask the doctor about it when I go on thursday. I had an infusion scheduled this morning but I called and cancelled. Don't worry, they'll just tack on an extra session at the end so I won't miss an infusion.

No comments: