Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January 2012

Status update to my 2012 vision:

1. Get healthy. First step, my thyroid was recently re-tested and the hypothyroidism is under control with medication. I met with the dietician for the first time today and I go back Feb 13th for a follow-up and weigh-in...so I'll let ya know.

2. Go back to school. I registered for the pre-entrance exam required to get into school. Without a good score on this exam, no dice. I take the exam in February. If I don't do well, I can't take the exam again for one year. Yikes. I've been studying using the review guide but it has been slow going. I say that because 1/3 of the test is math, another 1/3 is science, and the other is reading comprehension. I was never good at math. I haven't taken math in 20 years. The review means nothing, I don't remember any of it. Ugh.

3. Organize and track my finances. I started using Mint -- I like the graphs, etc, and ease of use. I'm going to track my finances for a few months, see where I'm overspending, then I will revamp the budget.

No comments: