Saturday, April 13, 2013

Au Pair Extension?

It’s hard to believe but here we are at month seven of our year with Adine. That means it’s time to decide about extending. I’d be happy to have her extend with us however, I know that she has a life back home, and a family she misses dearly. When I got the extension reminder email from the agency, I approached Adine and asked if she has made a decision. This was something that we had discussed before, and she let me know at that time that she did not know what she wanted to do. She talked to her family and the Area Director as she considered. While some would have been hurt that she did not jump at the chance, I read it as a sign that she took the situation as seriously as I did and wanted to make sure it was the right decision for all of us.

It's likely that she will return home to France at the end of her year but she officially has until May 15 to make a final decision. In the meantime, I went ahead and renewed with the au pair agency. In order to get the maximum in renewal discounts I have sixty days to find and interview a new au pair who will arrive in September. Stay tuned…

No comments: