Wednesday, July 8, 2009
I'm Going to Proceed
While I was on vacation last week my OPK tests were positive for 2 days, which I took as a good sign. And when I got back from vacation I went in for blood tests on CD17 and the good news was that the progesterone level indicated that I did ovulate. The bad news (there's always something) that the progesterone level was lower than normal. I am still anovulatory which means that I may not necessarily ovulate every cycle, and my cycles are shorter then normal so I will require fertility medication. They will give me a shot before I ovulate to trigger ovulation, and they will put me on Clomid. Taking any type of fertility drugs - especially Clomid - scares the shit out of me, but at this point the IUI's will be a complete waste if there are no eggs to fertilize!!! So, the odds are still stacked against me but I've decided to go through with the first IUI. I'm forecasting CD1 to be end of next week and things will kickoff then. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Popping in to wish you lots of luck with your cycle!!!!
Thanks Jackie - I need all the luck I can get!
Post a Comment