Tuesday, January 3, 2012

First Christmas

Christmas was difficult for me, even though I was excited to be celebrating Serena's first christmas. It's hard to explain. How is it that you can be surrounded by people and still feel so very alone? The truth is, I’ve been in a bit of a funk. Surrounded by my family and friends, who all have loved ones of their own, the holiday season seems to amplify what you don’t have. Or rather, who you don’t have. Serena’s first christmas was bittersweet without my parents; their absence was palpable.

I decided to make a last minute trip to chicago for the holidays, we arrived on christmas day and flew back on new years day. On the flight to chicago she slept the entire way from takeoff to landing! I was so proud of her.
Serena was showered with so much love... and gifts! She got pretty much an entire wardrobe and some toys.





Visiting with friends...






More time with family...



No comments: